söndag 5 augusti 2007

Thomas the train

This Saturday we went to see Thomas the Train in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Thomas is a cartoon character who is a train, I guess he comes from the UK originally, I do remember seeing him when I was younger, but I had never known much about him. Bjorn's cousin, Mitchell, loves trains, always has, so when we found out Thomas was coming to Maine, Laura bought 4 tickets for us to go see him and ride the train, which was a lot of fun!


Bjorn and Pappa on the train



I have always loved riding trains, I remember my first train ride with "Dagis", daycare in English and my friends (many of whom I am still friends with today), we rode the train to Hudiksvall :- ) .

I think Bjorn really enjoyed the activities at the train yard, including the ride itself, he was doing really well even though it was very hot and humid out. We even got a chance to sit in an old fire truck, I love the American firetrucks, which still today are very shiny red color, whereas in Sweden the firetrucks are a bright yellow color.



After the events we all went down to Boothbay Harbor for some lunch, unfortunately was the ice cream place Laura and I love so crowded that the line went out on the street, it would have been a 25 minute wait (worth it in my opinion, hehehe), but Bjorn was getting tired so we went back to the car after lunch and headed home. Overall it was a really fun outing, and we got lots of video to show for it : - )

Inga kommentarer: