måndag 23 juli 2007

Eating and sleeping (sort of...)


Bjorn has now been eating some solid foods for over 2 weeks, and started with vegetables this weekend, butternut squash, not a vegetable I had ever had in Sweden, but I like it a lot now :- ) , but Bjorn is not a big fan of it...yet. They say it may take about 15 tries before they decide if they like or dislike a certain food. I know one thing for sure, no matter how many times I try Brussel sprouts, I will never like them, but who knows, maybe he will : - ) . In a couple of days Laura is going to try carrots, I am sure he will like carrots as they are usually sweeter in taste than any of the other root vegetables. He does love his rice cereal (ung. Svensk mannagrynsgrot), and he has tasted some other foods, such as water melon, which he liked. We will probably not start with fruits for another week or so, and we have to try 1 fruit/time to make sure he does not have an allergic reaction to any.

I wonder what he will think of some traditional Swedish foods, such as Kalles Kaviar, O'Boy (a staple in any child's breakfast in Sweden, hehehe), Sill (probably not, hehehe) and kanel bullar, and most importantly, choklad bollar :- ) .


Whatever he will like, I know both Laura and I are happy that he does enjoy whatever we have been feeding him so far, and I hope he maintains a curiosity for different foods and will want to try a little of everything (including his wash cloth when bathing)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hallo i woneder if Björn is gooing to like grannys kanelbullar from sweden ?
love you

Moster Mjölgumpa sa...

Nej brysselkål kan man nog inte jag lära mig att tycka om.
Tänk när Björn ska lära sig att äta matjessill då, mums.
Jag hittade dig via Mors Deka.