onsdag 28 februari 2007

Sleep - a luxury that is much appreciated


Since the day Björn was born, I have a whole new appreciation for sleep, I know both Laura and I do. It is not that Björn does not sleep, but like most breastfed babies, he eats what he needs to fill up his belly tank and then goes to sleep, hence the reason he wakes up every 2-3 hrs to eat. Last night was the first night he slept longer than 3 hrs, and I think both Laura and I slept uneasy because we are so used to him waking up after 2 hours, and when he finally awoke after 4 hrs of sleep, we were both sooo sleepy.

The odd thing is, when he does wake up at night within minutes we are both awake to take care of his needs (diaper, feeding, etc), this is not always the case, but last night after he had slept 4 hours and I woke up to change his diaper, I felt wide awake, of course it was 01:00 and not even close to a reasonable time to stay up and do something productive, hehehe, so after going back to sleep again, it became more and more difficult waking up every 2 hours after that...

Like I said, sleep becomes a luxury which we are both cherishing tremendously when it does come :- )

Inga kommentarer: